Otterbox defender with PS Crystal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by paulmacbeth, Apr 13, 2011.

1. paulmacbeth macrumors member

After using several different cases since getting my iPhone 4 on launch day, I've been using it without a case for a few months.

I've currently got a powersupport crystal on the front, invisible shield on the back, and luckylabs spectra wrap round the sides.

My question is, I'm thinking of getting an otterbox defender for taking my phone on holiday, to protect it on the beach and from any splashes around the pool, but wasn't sure if the built in screen protector plus my ps crystal would make the screen unresponsive?

Does anyone use a similar set up, and can give me some advice?

Thanks.

2. elan123 macrumors 6502

Dont know your answer but sounds like a good idea :)

3. infidel69 macrumors regular

4. danetello macrumors 6502

I currently use my SGP screen protector with an otterbox defender and have seen no problems so far

5. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I use the zagg shield on the back and front and my otterbox works perfect...you definitely will be fine!! Enjoy the vacation!!

6. psyduckiee macrumors regular

Your Lucky sides will have to be taken off because the added width, it won't even fit and close with the case on. Depending on your combo of front and back shields will determine if it's a fit. As for your combo, it should fit in but will be a little snug. The built-in shield from the Defender will raise slightly above the iPhone screen because of the snug fit with the front shield on. You will notice a slight lack of sensitivity because the built-in screen protector is not directly touching the glass but instead, due to the tight fit with the front shield, there is a slight gap between the built-in shield and your PS shield.

7. paulmacbeth thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the advice. I'll be sad to lose my White spectra wraps, but got another two sets (silver and clear) still to use, although still hoping the next iPhone will be released near to my return date (end of June).

I'm trying to pick up a cheap-ish used defender from eBay, as I won't use it other than the two weeks I'm away.

Thanks again.