Otterbox Defender

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by legacyb4, Dec 7, 2007.

1. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

2. gear71428 macrumors member

I got one last week. My impression is that it will protect the ipod from anything except a drop where it lands face down (impacting the screen) on a rock. It seals the ipod from moisture pretty well, there is a headphone jack on the bottom (center). You can control the ipod through the screen protector. It is really well built. I bought it for use at the gym where I splatter the aerobic equipment with sweat, it should keep the ipod dry there and still allow me to use it. I do have to remove the ipod to turn it off as there is no way to get to the on/off button other wise; the home button and the sensor are accessible through the case. I like it but I also have a different case for less extreme conditions.

3. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

I do not have one, but I can attest to Otterbox's quality. I had one for my MiniDisc player that probably could have been run over by a car and still be intact.

EDIT: Looking at the site, it would be cool to get one of their laptop cases for my MBP, whenever they come back in stock

4. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

I have one on the way...I will report back when it gets here....I did not realize the sleep button on top was covered though....I hardly ever use it but that is a oversite that should be corected in my opinion because I was not planning on ever removing it from this case. perhaps a pin hole could be drilled for access with a paper clip or something if you need to do a reboot....it is still the best case out there though it seems

5. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

6. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

Gear71428....just reread your post.....I think maybe you do not have the defender, you have the armor, am I correct? The defender has full access to the dock connecter and the headphone jack......and probably the sleep button also although I could not find a pic of the top of it.

EDIT: just found this quote on the site:
    Headphone Jack, dock connector, and hold button accessible via silicone plugs.

7. legacyb4 thread starter macrumors 6502

It looks like it has a plastic frame around the screen to keep the silicone edges from flapping; is that correct?

8. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

I believe that is correct, I report more as soon as mine arrives in a few days

9. gear71428 macrumors member

OH, your right; I do have the armor model. Sorry about that. Mine is waterproof, I don't think the defender model is.