iPad Otterbox for iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Hec983, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Hec983 macrumors member

Does anybody has the defender case for the iPad Air??? Any feedback on it. I'm considering getting it since my 4 year old loves my air, I'm a little worried he's gonna drop it and damage screen or something. I have a Smart Cover on it which I really like, but thinking about gettin the defender. Thanks

2. Bullsvp macrumors newbie

I have one on my air, love it.
    Same reason, my 2 1/2 yr old nephew has it a lot, runs around on hardwood and tile floors and has been known to slam it down when the battery goes dead.
    I also use it to film football practice (Hudl app) . It gives good protection, the cover stand is handy when transporting the ipad in a backpack or briefcase to protect the screen and to use as a stand. And the cameras aren't covered up like some other protective cases

3. Hec983 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. Does it add a lot of bulk? I heard it's not as bulky as the previous version also I heard otterbox cases sometimes cause scratches have u noticed any? My 4 yr old loves playing games on the air.

4. Bullsvp macrumors newbie

I haven't noticed any scratches on my iPad, it's not as bulky as ipad 2/3/4 otterbox, but still doubles the thickness.
    I did have the scratch issues on my iPhone 4, but don't on my iPhone 5, and not on ipad 2 or air, all have had otterbox defenders.
    My nephew loves the endless alphabet and reader game, and he heavy Netflix kids streamer

5. Hec983, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

Hec983 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the feedback. I'm gonna place the order on Amazon. I believe it's worth it since I don't have apple care on my iPad. I'll get the endless alphabet appfor my son. Thank you again. Last question I currently have a screen protector on my Air. I know the defender has a plastic protector, do you recommend to remove the screen protector that I have installed on my iPad or leave it?