Otterbox Impact Black on sale for $7.99 at Amazon

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by reebs, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Good find bro. Will this work with a wrapsol full body you think, anyone?

2. reebs thread starter macrumors 6502

reebs

I don't have the case but on YouTube reviews seems like it will fit a full body skin.

3. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Yes it does.

Since the Impact is actually really loose fitting on a naked 4 the Wrapsol makes it fit better since it is the thickest skin I have ever used. The phone doesn't slide around in there as much.

4. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

The price is now $9.50, which is still really fair. Has anyone had experience with this Otterbox? Is it their lower-end protection?

5. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

I have one yes, this is their all silicone version so it can be considered a "low-end" version. The thing is the drop protection on this thing is unreal. Oddly, the case feels bigger than the defender.

Side by side they look about the same (I'm not taking out a tape measure but will post a picture if someone wants it).

It is probably the most protective "all silicone" case I have used. When I had the Wrapsol, like the above poster, o my phone I used this case and it was a great compliment to the skin. I also used it with a Bodyguardz Dry and it worked great.

It was easily removable so when I went to a party on the weekend or when I was using my phone more outdoors I threw it on. I used it for a week for testing and came away impressed. I paid $10 and felt it was worth it.

I would recommend a full body skin, either a clear one or like a DecalGirl or something. The Impact is really loose on a naked phone and the phone does slide around in there. It won't come out or anything but you will have to realign it at times when you want to take a picture.