Otterbox Impact for iPhone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LaCosta, Apr 9, 2011.

1. LaCosta macrumors member

Does the Otterbox Impact cause screen guards to bubble...since the silicone actually covers over the home key and ear piece areas that are already covered by the screen guards? Does it pull up the Zagg type screen guards?

Also....I read a few postings here that mention that they tear. Is that true from your experience?

Thanks (still trying to figure out if I am going Otterbox Impact or Commutter)

2. psyduckiee macrumors regular

It will not bubble your screen shields. I'd recommend going with the Commuter because all the Impact is is just a silicone piece.

3. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

No way it will bubble your screen protector....it is a very soft silicone piece.

That said I put it on once and stuck it back in the box. It's like the really soft inside portion of the Commuter without the hard outside to hold it all together. Way to soft of a material in my book. The sides are too "floppy".

Mine is heading back to Radio Shack. I don't believe I endured the "slippery" sales person at Radio Shack just to buy a case and then have to go back and return it.

Steve

4. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

The impact is overpriced. If you want an otterbox get a commuter.

If you want a silicone case there are cheaper and similarly designed cases from other manufacturers. Check out silicone cases from Incipio, Switcheasy and Belkin.

5. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I hear the Impact is crap. If you still want an OB I would order the Commuter on Amazon, they have it for a good price :D