Otterbox IPhone 5 issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LaynieGorilla, Jan 7, 2013.

1. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

I just made the switch from a Griffin survivor to an otterbox defender for my iPhone 5. Btw I highly discourage anyone from buying the survivor because of the terrible muffled call quality you receive from the iPhone 5 version (iPhone 4 version was stellar).

I have a regular screen protector on my otterbox along with the built in on. I noticed that the built in protector makes it terrible to type unlike on the survivor. Do you defender users have problems with the screen protector or could it be that it the built in protector doesn't play we'll with my regular protector? Thanks

2. iALLOUT4eva macrumors regular

iALLOUT4eva

I took that thick rainbow smudging plastic off.

3. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

My only problem is the built in screen protector makes a tapping noise when typing. I had a black defender a few weeks ago and switched to the glacier white one. I noticed when I installed it today that there was a very slight bow of the screen protector. I will probably switch back to a black one.

----------

Did you put another screen protector on? If so, which one?

4. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

I wouldn't use 2. Use one or the other. Mine is fine

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The screen protector is definitely one of the reasons why I wouldn't use the OB Defender. I returned one this weekend partly due to that reason.

6. LaynieGorilla thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting.. I'll try it again but I didn't want to take off my original screen protector without knowing that's the problem. The only time my survivor typed that bad if the case itself was only properly/everything was clasped together

7. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Did the same today. Picked up a black Case-Mate tough extreme at Walmart. Very nice case and thinner than the defender. $35.00 good price.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I haven't checked out this case. Maybe I will today since I live around the corner from a Walmart.