Otterbox on ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by austin571, Jul 24, 2010.

1. austin571 macrumors regular

2. bababoey14 macrumors regular

3. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

The "why" was that the posting showed it would ship sooner.
    I contacted ebay and they have opened a case against them. Listing states that it ships from VA but they are in the UK and not answering ebays email either.
    If anyone has ordered from them (like the 400+) and also the person listed the other otterbox designs, you might want to think about calling ebay.

4. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

5. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

Monday of this week. I was just getting worried when I got no shipment email, no replies to 4 emails, and noticed they had the other designs "ready to ship" before otterbox.
    I was on hold with ebay for about 15 minutes, but once they answered they did not want to wait until monday - the last day of the projected time of arrival. Guess they had other information and wanted to get started right away.

6. lskeys macrumors member

Same boat here, no replies or shipment confirmation. The site said they will ship within one business day.

7. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

I got my Otterbox iPhone 4 case in 3 days after I ordered. The website, now says 10-14 days or something, but mine said 5-7.

8. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

Did you get yours from ebay or otterbox directly?

9. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

I sent that guy an email a week ago as well and no response which led to no order. Common sense here.

10. macdude2 macrumors regular

I saw that when he first listed them, and it smelled fishy. I sent him a message and still no response, so I didn't buy. There's a couple other sellers selling them as well, but I think they're scammers too. One of the sellers says they are "in stock now" but has only five purchases in his eBay history, which are all sub-$1.00 purchases. He's sold almost 500 of them now, and the negative feedbacks are starting to roll in.

11. lskeys macrumors member

Email from them on Friday when I asked why the otterbox did not ship in 1 business day:

Dear Ebay Customer,

Thank you very much for your order for the Otterbox Case. We have received your payment and are currently processing your order and your expected ship date is 3-6 days.

As I'm sure you know this is a brand new item just released from Otterbox. We are currently processing a tremendous volume of orders at the moment and are receiving shipments from Otterbox that are in transit - I'm doing everything to expedite your order and you will be receiving a tracking confirmation shortly.

Please rest assured that I will be expediting your order to ensure you will be one of the first to receive this newly released case.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to keep you as a satisfied customer.

Kind Regards,

Lisa Stone
    Ready Retail

They will not respond to about 10 other emails.

12. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

Cover yourself and call up ebay. Open a case and get your money back.

13. CT1stMaxedOut09 macrumors member

I ordered mine on eBay from SkinlessApple. They said that the case will ship the first week of August which is fine with me. I ordered from eBay cause i'd rather pay less and get free shipping (saving some $ as well) than pay full price + S&H with OtterBox expecially since I'm in no rush to get the case.

14. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

At least they told you shipping would be late. The one I ordered from lied and said that it ships by the next day.

15. lskeys macrumors member

Below is the Email I received today. I requested a full refund before I revise my negative feedback:

Dear ********,

Hi is *******

I just read your feedback and would like to apologise. I have
    been responding to all messages and would like to resolve
    the issue for you. I can confirm we are shipping your case
    within 3-6 days and I would like to give you the option of a
    full refund or a 20% discount to keep your order.

Please let me know if you'd like to receive a refund and let
    me know what I can do to resolve your order. If I offer you
    the discount would it be possible to revise the negative
    feedback?

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Lisa Stone

- readyretail

16. lskeys macrumors member

Finally got my issue resolved. It took a negative feedback on ebay to resolve.
    The last email I received is below:

Thanks for your understanding.

I have processed a full refund. It would be a tremendous help if you could remove the feedback.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

17. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

Ebay finally resolved my case. The seller sent this response:
    Thanks for your email and sincere apologies for the delay and lack of communication. I can confirm your expected ship date is within the next 3-5 days as we process the large volume of orders we have been receiving. I can confirm we have inbound tracking information from Otterbox and that these cases are part of the first batch to be released in the US. Please rest assured I will be doing everything I can to expedite the process. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to keep you as a satisfied customer. Kind Regards, Lisa Stone Ready Retail "

I replied that since she lied on the posting stating shipping would be 2-3 days and when I checked the latest I would get it would be July 26, I advised the seller to refund all money.

Money was refunded within a couple hours.

I would not use these people again. The ad says ships 2-3 days from Virginia, but they are located in the UK and do not respond unless ebay starts a complaint.

18. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

19. austin571 thread starter macrumors regular

I have had good luck and deals on ebay. I am just glad the ebay employees noticed this was a scam and did not require me to wait over a week before opening a case.