Otterbox or Ballistic?? Help me, please!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Raphael96, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Raphael96 macrumors member

I ordered the Ballistic HC when it became available and NOW the Otterbox is released, so I'm not sure if I should order the otterbox and return the ballistic, or just keep the ballistic when it arrives.

Which is a better case??

I want to protect my phone and have access to all of it too..

Thanks!

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Keep the Ballistic, it offers an extra layer of protection and is nice.

3. skyking517 macrumors regular

I have been using a Otterbox on my 3GS for a while now and I LOVE IT. The 3GS is my work phone, but I have a I4 as my personal phone. We got the Ballistic case in our store the other day, and yes the first layer is nice, but once the rubber piece goes on, its just cheesy, and the clip doesnt seem as strong as the otter clip. Maybe its all personal preference, but I cant wait to get the otterbox.

4. Raegor macrumors member

Ballistic is just too damn bulky unless you work outdoors or something. I'm curious to see the lower level otterbox versions.

5. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

go with the otterbox, I passed on the ballistic. Its cheaper with the coupon code

6. Raphael96 thread starter macrumors member

What's the coupon code?

7. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

techbargains6100p taken from retailmenot.com
    gives you 10% + free ground shipping

8. cfairbank macrumors 6502

I had the ballistic forma couple of days and returned it. No where near the quality of my ob defender 3GS. Plus you can't beat the tried and true customer support of ob.

9. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

How about it was just released so no one knows anything it yet because it hasn't been shipped to them?

10. Raphael96 thread starter macrumors member

I ordered the otterbox and cancelled my ballistic order. :)

Thanks for the input, guys!

11. UMRebel macrumors regular

Just curious what method you used to cancel your order. I've placed a call to them and was sent to a voice mail box. I left a message, but received no call back. I also emailed their customer service department, but have not received a response. Just want to be sure the order is cancelled before it ships.

12. disRUPtors macrumors member

disRUPtors

I've never used the Ballistic, but used the Otterbox on my 3g and 3gs. The Otterbox was my work case and I used a Vaja when I was out on the town. The Otterbox is worth every penny! I'm looking forward to using the same combo with my IP4!

13. Raphael96 thread starter macrumors member

I called Ballistic customer service and was instructed to send an email with the order details to customerservice@goballisticcase.com.

14. UMRebel macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. That's where I sent my cancellation request. Hopefully, they will get to it and process my refund soon.