Otterbox Preserver Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ooMeanMrMustard, Dec 13, 2013.

1. ooMeanMrMustard macrumors newbie

Hey folks got my hands on an Otterbox Preserver for a few days and well sadly it's already gone back...

First the good, screen protector is best I've used on any case to date. Completely flat and responsive as naked screen. Seems very rugged and tough but slim profile. Snaps together and very tight. Photos looked fine no issues there.

On to the bad now...case started to peel at the edges after only 2 days. Unlike the sleep/wake and volume buttons the home button was insanely tough to press and the vibrate switch was almost unusable. I saw those issues mentioned in another review and it's correct I literally thought I was going to break my phone. Also call quality on both ends wasn't great but not the end of the world. And finally the doors at the bottom were not only really rigid and tough to pull out they didn't always go in well either and weren't flush.

I ended up the armor instead for my iPhone 5 and I'm loving it. Call quality bang on, responsive buttons all around and tank tough. Screen is better than defender and not as good as preserver. Hope it helps some of you on the fence about this case.

2. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

3. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

4. ooMeanMrMustard thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry no pics my bad. Feel free to ask some q's if you guys want.

5. ewoods22 macrumors newbie

I also had the case and I also returned it. The earpiece in mine was muffled. The home button was hard to push and the silence switch was really stiff. The only good thing about it was the screen protector. Not worth the 90 bucks I spent on it.

6. ooMeanMrMustard thread starter macrumors newbie

The funny thing is having the armour now for a couple of days its a much better case over the Preserver if your ok with the size. Call quality is outstanding and the big thing for me is the flaps covering the lightning and headphone ports they are easy enough to open but feel like like when they are inserted nothing is getting in there.

Wanted to like the Preserver but may need to wait unit later versions are released. Also compared to a life proof case the Preserver feels a lot more robust, strong, and could take a strong drop.

7. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

Eh you don't really need pics to say the call quality and buttons don't work...