Otterbox Reflex: Deep Teal Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stfwayne, Jan 11, 2012.

1. stfwayne macrumors regular

Just got an Otterbox Reflex in Deep Teal

Fit of the case is great, tight
    Case materials are very solid and very nice looking
    New deep teal color looks very nice on the black iphone
    The back also looks pretty good (despite the fact you can see my green backplate coming through the camera hole)

The case doesnt add alot of bulk to the iphone at all
    One problem is the buttons are hard to push
    This can be resolved by repeatedly pressing the buttons in before you put the case on to break the buttons in

I highly recommend the case, if you are going to buy it i would get it off Amazon as its 22 shipped with Amazon Prime instead of 34.99 on the Otterbox website

If you have any questions lemme know

Attached Files:

2. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

I love this case, I have the Gun metal one. I am going to be doing a red color swap, i think its going to be great.

3. stfwayne thread starter macrumors regular

I went back and forth on getting the gunmetal kinda wish i did probably would have looked better with the camera cut out

but i used an amazon coupon and got the case for 17 so its not a biggie

amazon is pretty nice...22 bucks shipped for the reflex is a real good deal

4. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

I have this exact same case, picked it up boxing week, love it. The fit is perfect, and it protects the phone, can't ask for much more then that.

5. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

The Reflex is great as long as you don't use a screen protector. The moment you do it will bubble up. Maybe not at first but after you take it off it will have lifted and more than likely be ruined.

6. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read this case does not play nice with third party headphones and dock chargers? I quickly dismissed it when I read that.

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Does the phone still move in this case? I remember I had this problem with the one I had about a year or so ago.

8. Catcher macrumors regular

The dock hole is tiny. I have a really slim car charger that wouldn't fit. The case sits in the bottom of my drawer. I should buy one of those adapter thingies.

9. Mr D macrumors 6502

Is it true this case doesn't work well with screen protectors?

10. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

My son has this case in teal. I love the way it looks but his has scratched the aluminum band on his iPhone. He switches it out fairly often with other cases and/or removes it for docking/charging and apparently the on/off action has produced some scratching.:( Ditto on screen protector bubbling.

11. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

12. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I have used it with the SGP screen protectors and have had no problem at all.

13. COSE23 macrumors newbie

Screen Protector

I have this case and use the same screen protector that comes with the it. There was slight bubbling the very first time i put it on, but it quickly went away. The bubble flattens out as soon as the case is all the way on. It does not work very well with third party docks, but that is where the sliding easy-on easy-off case comes in.

14. In Like Flynn macrumors regular

I have the gun metal one as well and love it, but would have gotton this one if it were available, very cool color, like aqua marine :)

15. stfwayne thread starter macrumors regular

my favorite case so far

tight fit and looks great

16. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

That's what he said.