Otterbox Resurgence

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AE14, Jul 8, 2014.

1. AE14 macrumors 65816

I just received an email from otterbox that the case is in. It's $100 for a "2x" battery/protective case.

Thinking if taking the plunge but not sure it is worth it for a 2000 mah case.

Thoughts?

2. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

the mophie juice pack air is $100 and is around 1700 or 1800 mah and i have no idea how big the case is, i haven't seen one in person and it has the durability and protector of other otterbox cases, so i would say its a good deal, i love otterbox cases, they protect my phones fantastic and hold up well, hope i could help you on your decision a little bit

3. AE14 thread starter macrumors 65816

I appreciate it. I tried a Juice pack air, which is the same price for less battery and less protection.

I also am a big otterbox fan.

This might be my case, specifically since I am going to disney world in 2.5 weeks

4. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

It looks to be slightly longer than the Mophie and not have the vibrate switch cover either. It does however appear to sync through the micro USB which to me is a plus.

I like the Resurgence from the images. I've been using a Juice Pack Plus and Air for the past year. I alternate cases depending on power needs as the Plus is quite a bit heavier than the Air although not much bigger physically.

The big negative though is the release of the case this close to the inevitable iPhone 6 release. For a new battery case buyer it does add to the market but even though I would like a different case just to mix it up as the Mophie is kind of plain (both of mine are black) I just don't see the point of spending that much on a case this late in the lifecycle.

Hopefully with the Lightning port no longer in infancy the transition to the next iPhones, whatever they end up being, will be short.

5. mr99 macrumors 6502a

6. AE14 thread starter macrumors 65816

Why? I am a fan of their products and their CS can't be beat imo

7. Kisey macrumors 6502a

8. AE14 thread starter macrumors 65816

Never mind. First time I am really unimpressed with otterbox. It's a clip on cover that feels cheap.

I am walking away from battery cases. Will just get a portable charger for when needed

9. Elpimpo macrumors newbie

I've been rocking a juice pack air for awhile now and its held up well beyond my expectations as far as durability.

Im not sure what you're doing to your phone, but the juice pack in my pocket with the screen facing my leg takes a big hit almost daily and i haven't had any problems.

BTW i DID get the case as an open box w/holiday discounts so i paid like 65

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

If you're willing to pay that much, I would without a doubt pick the more refined Mophie Juice Pack Plus. I'd stay away from Otterbox, they're overly bulky and expensive.

11. AE14 thread starter macrumors 65816

I got the mophie juice pack plus. Very happy with it. Not nearly as heavy as I thought it would be.

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Good choice.