Otterbox rocks!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by magicpinkdrink, Jul 26, 2012.

1. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

I got my otterbox commuter the day after Christmas and I love it! However, after many drops off my lap onto our gravel parking lot (really, you'd think I'd have learned not to stand up with my phone on my lap the first time it went crashing to the ground, but nope!) a chunk cracked off the bottom. As long as my phone was fine I didn't mind but my husband suggested contacting otterbox and seeing if they would do anything for me.

I sent off an email last night not expecting much since the damage was my fault and got a reply quickly asking me to email a photo with the case and a paper stating my name and the date as proof of ownership and damage. I sent that and just got an email and an order confirmation that they are replacing it with a brand new one free of charge! Way to go otterbox! I love it when companies stand beside their product!

2. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

3. rgctx macrumors regular

I love otterbox and there customer service, i recently had a case replaced also. The one thing that i have noticed though that is making me not a big fan anymore is that i have noticed there newer cases are somewhat "cheaper" in the way they are made, i compared the silicone skin from a iPhone 4 Defender to a new iPhone 4s Defender (old/new version) and i noticed that the newer version the silicone is cheaper and it tear's easily and is thinner. Feels like the quality is less durable and the price keeps going up. (for those who pay the retail price)

4. GolfnCPA macrumors member

GolfnCPA

Agreed, their quality has fallen off drastically in the past year. Growing pains.

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

They are sending me a new commuter too! Should be here day after tomorrow. I will definitely go to them first with my next case purchase. I just want to see some more colors. How about an all-white commuter case?

6. chrisvee macrumors regular

Gotta love Otterbox! No matter how many cases I use, I always end up going back to my Commuter. :eek:

7. gsugolfer macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

I called them yesterday regarding a problem with my Defender not accurately pressing the home button and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

8. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Just got mine in the mail today. Thanks Otterbox! It came with a screen protector too. I will say that the texture feels different from my last one (that it is replacing). It feels a bit more textured on the plastic (therefore more grip) which is awesome. Go ahead and mark me as a pre-order for the commuter for the next iPhone.

9. Malindascott macrumors newbie

I have several of the new defender series. I think the outer rubber is better on the revised version. I had issues with the rubber on the older ones. Don't have that issue with the newer ones. Besides otterbox is one company that stands behind their products and will replace them.

10. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Otterbox has replaced my case twice - clip once - several co-workers have had several 5-8 clips replaced as well as cases (we all use defender series). All of us have received excellent service.

11. jpshelton40 macrumors newbie

So can anyone tell me how the otterbox (specifically the Commuter) will perform for me with sweat - I spend a lot of time outside on the family farm on the tractor and working on fence and keep my phone in a sweaty place so I can hear it - will the Otterbox protect my iPhone 4s from the sweat? I am used to the Casio Ruggedized phones. Thanks!

12. kyellowness macrumors regular

Don't use it right now (switched to Speck) but used to have the Commuter... and gotta admit.. that thing takes abuse like it's nothing. No doubt their quality is amazing.

13. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

don't put your phone between your legs.

kidding. if you sweat a LOT, I would recommend a waterproof case. If it's minimal, a commuter will do just fine.