Otterbox Symmetry Clear Edition and iPhone 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hajime, Apr 11, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, I got this case. I found it difficult to put on and even super difficult to remove it. Removing the case certainly require rubbing against the iphone's case. If I take the case often, will the color of the iPhone 6s plus wears off? Will scratches be produced?

2. Nancy bout macrumors regular

I think 90% of clear cases scratch up literally every case goes through wear and tear and scratches.
    I love otterbox -seems like a nice classy protective case(clear)

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

I am more concerned about scratching my more expensive iPhone 6s plus. Do you think the color will wear off?

4. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

The fit of the Symmetry is fairly tight, but it shouldn't cause any scratching hazard to your iPhone as long as both the iPhone and the case are clean. The part on the Symmetry case which is rubbing against your iPhone during insertion and removal is an artificial rubber material and won't scratch your iPhone. If there is dirt caught in between the case and the phone, then that could potentially cause scratching, but that is about it. When I put on a new case, I am always careful to inspect both my phone and the interior of the case for dirt or debris before installation.

People get nervous about cases harming their iPhones, but as a case reviewer, I put several cases on my phone per week, generally, and I have yet to get any scratches on either the iPhone 6 Plus I used last year or the 6s Plus I've been using since launch day in the fall. And the color of both iPhones has been similarly unaffected. Don't get me wrong--scratching can still happen, but it is caused by dirt getting in between the case and the phone, not the process of installation/removal. And over time, it is possible for dirt to migrate into the space between the case and the phone, so that is a potential hazard as well. Periodic removal of your case for cleaning purposes may be necessary, depending on the cleanliness of the environment your phone is in.

Good luck! And don't be scared of the Symmetry--it is a wonderful case, and its tightness keeps dust and dirt from getting into the case over time. I think my review video for the Symmetry Clear shows both installation and removal of the case:

Kristin

5. Nancy bout macrumors regular

I sincerely wish they had a rose gold option-
    I would grab the black w rose gold phone..
    I have the black & clear griffin (the thicker one w the edges ridged up) love it lol I just buy too many cases

6. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I know--a Symmetry with Rose Gold sides would look really great.

7. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the replies.

I am interested in the Symmetry Crystal Edition. Anybody tried it?

8. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Is that different than the Symmetry Clear series?

9. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

10. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I don't know either. Quite the case...and quite the price :)

11. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

Good gracious. Not in a million years.

Different strokes for different folks though.

I'm pretty sure I could make you a case for 1/2 of that price with a Bedazzler.

12. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

I was told not to get it because it could increase the chance of getting robbed.