Otterbox Symmetry for iPhone 6 Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dmk1974, Jan 6, 2016.

1. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

My kids have each used the Otterbox Symmetry cases on their iPhone 5s phones and they seemed to have protected them well. I am upgrading them to the iPhone 6 (not 6s) and am looking at the Otterbox Symmetry line again. Has anyone used these with the iPhone 6 and if so, how have you liked/disliked them?

Also, while I was searching these cases, it looks like they recently made a design change (a tell is the different "Otterbox" logo on the back side). Does it really matter much? The first design is a little cheaper. Thanks!

Old:
    http://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphon...pl28-iphone-6-limited_color=JZ#sz=26&start=18

New:
    http://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphon...html?dwvar_apl28-iph15_color=20#sz=26&start=1

2. risk235 macrumors member

I have the newer model for my 6s Plus. I really like the feel and look of it. I recently dropped my phone and it did a great job protecting it. My wife liked mine so much that I got her one too in blue. I was under the impression that Otterbox only made thick bulky cases. It was just by chance that when I was at Verizon getting my phone they had it in stock and tried it out and the look and feel sealed the deal for me.

3. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Thanks for the feedback!

One of the other key details I'd like to know is, if I also install a tempered glass screen protector, and lay the phone on a flat surface (i.e., table) face-down, will the glass contact the table or the perimiter edges of the Otterbox Symmetry? I did not find an edge height spec on the Otterbox website.

4. Violetjunebug macrumors member

Violetjunebug

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I love my pink symmetry case (new version), it is slimmer than last years case, but I really don't think kids will really notice the difference. Last years cases are definitely cheaper than the new version. I have a glass screen protector on my phone that works great with the symmetry case. There is definitely a lip on the case so your screen will not touch the table surface.

5. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Thanks so much for those high-res photos! I'll show it to my daughter in the morning. For her 5s, she had the "Crushed Damson" color.

6. kingston73 macrumors 6502

I actually just posted a thread with some pictures of the symmetry yesterday. Check it out, I"m liking the case. It's a thicker "slim" case, not really skinny but not overly large like some others.

7. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Thanks, I found your thread and the photos. Looks like a custom version of the "old" design, but would protect it very well of course. The leather is nice so it hopefully won't slide as much as the polycarbonate.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/otterbox-symmetry-leather-short-review.1948966/#post-22440293

8. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I'm a big fan of the new Symmetry for the 6s Plus. I reviewed it recently, and compared it to the old version so you can see the differences. Also, as the previous poster mentioned, there is plenty of lip to provide screen protection even with a tempered glass screen protector in place:

9. Violetjunebug macrumors member

Violetjunebug

I watched your video before I bought my symmetry case.. You did an awesome job with comparing the new designed case with the old design and your video sold me on buying my pink symmetry case! Thanks
    You have a new subscriber too!

10. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Thanks! So glad it was helpful...and thanks for subscribing!!

11. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

That was a nice video. I like the Otterbox Symmetry case alot.