OtterBox Symmetry for the XR

TheBrokenBee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
how is the case treating you guys? Is it super hard to take off? Is it harder to take than say the rhinoshield?

Silver Idaten

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2015
Stratford, CT
It’s hard but not super hard to take off. I got the ‘fine port’ Symmetry for my red XR. I was using it up until yesterday when I decided to give the Smart Battery Case a try. I’ll still probably use it now and again when I need some extra protection though, no complaints.

TheBrokenBee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2016
It’s hard but not super hard to take off. I got the ‘fine port’ Symmetry for my red XR. I was using it up until yesterday when I decided to give the Smart Battery Case a try. I’ll still probably use it now and again when I need some extra protection though, no complaints.
Is there a specific way to take it off to make it easier

DCnDC

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2018
I have one for my XS (and my fiancé has one for his X) and they are ridiculous to take off. I struggle every time, feels like I’m going to break the case or the phone itself.

Cladster

Suspended
Feb 7, 2019
I have the XR OB statement Moderne but had the symmetry for max, peel top left then top right pull phone out, simple really.

sparksd

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I have the XR OB statement Moderne but had the symmetry for max, peel top left then top right pull phone out, simple really.
I have the Symmetry for my XS Max and remove it the same way. No real problem doing it. I really like this case (Cordovan/Slate Grey).

ipos

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2011
used to own it, quite hard even after using for months.
changed to pelican shield now.