Otterbox vs. Quattro T4? best iPhone case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by waywardsage, Jan 14, 2009.

1. waywardsage macrumors 6502

waywardsage

I have a job that can sometimes be rough on my phones. I wanted to get a case that covered and protected the screen.

I've been looking hard at the otterbox defender series and the ivyskin Quattro T4.

Does anyone have any experiences with these cases? Any good stories? Bad?

iLounge gives glowing reviews of the otterbox defender and not so good reviews of the ivyskin.

Does the otterbox at too much bulk?

2. dlbernau macrumors newbie

otterbox is great

I don't have any experience with the T4, but I do have an Otterbox Defender, and it is really a great case. It offer unrivaled protection from drops and damage. It does add some bulk, but it isn't terrible. However, the holster is terrible. Hard to use and bulky.

I have also had a little experience with their customer service-it is top notch.

If you decide to get one, do a quick search for a coupon code, usually you can get 20-30% off the retail price.

3. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Hmm, this is a tough question. I absolutely loved the Otterbox Defender for my 1st generation iPhone. But they screwed up the design of the Defender for iPhone 3G. The holster is terrible, and winds up ripping the rubber, because it's so tough to get the phone out, you have to literally rip it out. If you don't use the holster, and pocket the phone, the Defender is a GREAT case for protection.

I currently have been using the Quattro T4, and it also offers great protection. It has it's cons as well, including the screen has a rainbow effect (which I've never seen), and the paint seems to chip off of the case. I still love this case, and think it offers the second best protection to the Defender.

Both cases have integrated screen protectors (allegedly, the T4 has a glass screen), and people have complained about oil spots, or bubbling under the screen. But I have noticed, I never had that problem, due to having an SGP Anti-Glare screen protector on my phone. When I had the clear one, it bubbled and had static cling on the integrated screen.

Both offer great protection, the Defender is definately thicker, but I would not be afraid to drop my iPhone with either case on it.

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I've always wanted to try the Ivyskin before but with continuous complaints being posted here I decided not to.

5. waywardsage thread starter macrumors 6502

waywardsage

yeah, i've really liked the look of the T4 for a while, but with all the complaints about ivyskin on these forums i'm really thinking twice from purchasing from them.

I'm hearing good stuff about the otterbox. Which is making me more interested in it though. Sucks that people don't seem to like the holster.