Otterbox

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CoachStall, Aug 27, 2009.

1. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

Been using my Black and Yellow otter box a couple weeks. Gotta say it looks great, not to bulky.

However belt clip has issues. Phone falls out of it without much of a hit.

And the screen! The plastic screen cover partially sticks to the phone screen, creating that "bubbled" look. It sucks. My worst complaint.

If anyone knows of a solution to this, please help!

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Ok, I felt this case for the first time at ATT yesterday. How is this case not too bulky?

Are we talking not too bulky if you work construction or are taking your phone on the battlefield in Iraq?

This case felt like a brick in my hands. Great protection but I can't imagine a bulkier case.

Not thread pissing really, just not understanding how one doesn't consider this case bulky.

3. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Agreed. That is a nice solution for camping or a day at the beach but I would not use a case like that for everyday. It seems to be a bit overkill unless you work in a dirty environment or something like construction where you are always in danger of drops etc.

4. CoachStall thread starter macrumors 6502

CoachStall

Ha, i'm just clumsy.

It is overkill but i want to protect my investment, and i guess if it isnt too bulky for me, then all other cases would be slim!

But i do play traveling ball and when i put my phone in my ball bag for a tournament its nice to not have to worry about it getting torn up.

BUT any idea how to get away from the screen bubbling?

Thanks for the input!

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Baby powder man....Google it. There are even videos on youtube about using a fine mist of powder to coat the screen and this prevents the water-marking effect you are talking about. Itsmemorphious did a video on it on youtube.

Also, supposedly if you get an anti-glare screen shield and put it on your iphone screen, this will help as well. :D