otterbox

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fuseone, Jul 2, 2010.

1. fuseone macrumors member

Does any one know when the otterbox will becoming out for the iphone 4 because i always had one for my 3gs and with out one im so nervious carry it in my pocket.

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

No, and I'm in the same boat. I think that the Otterbox Defender is about the best protection you can have for a phone. I'm really excited about getting one for my iPhone 4.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

This would be a question better answered by the company itself. No one here has any inside info.

Go to their site, select your desired model, and sign up for the email notification.

4. f00f macrumors 65816

f00f

I sent an email to them and this is what I got back. I asked about the Defender case, and if they knew of any windshield mount that would work w/ the case too:

It says on their site that it generally takes about 2 months or so after a phone is launched for cases to be available.

HTH.

5. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

Wow two months. Any one know of any other cases like there's that is out right now

6. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Similar case called Ballistic or something like that. Local radio shack said they can order it.

7. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

8. Ben17 macrumors member

its basically a brick.

9. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I spoke w/ a Otterbox CSR and he said the same thing. I've got a bumper and a Zagg shield for now.

10. coelacanth macrumors 6502

11. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

didn't ask that ment how it compaired to it in protection.

12. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I have an iFrogz case for now. I would like to put a screen saver on it, but the case seems to fit so tight at the edges that the screen saver I got will not fit on it.

13. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

thats true because i have a ifrogz case and i tried it and was to hard to put on because of the case.

14. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

It's simply too soon to expect a high quality product to be available. Otterbox does great engineering, with protection truly at the top of their list. Nothing else comes close. I like to have two or three high quality cases on hand, so I have choices depending on my activity. All three of my favorites are still being designed.*

15. army91c macrumors 6502a

Every new person shouldn't be able to post until they learn a few freakin things.
    1.There is a search button right up there ^ ffs use it
    2. A little independent thinking and research can answer your question faster than you can post it in a forum
    3.Asking stupid questions that you could answer yourself if you weren't so damn lazy is really irritating.
    Does your mommy make your bed, do your laundry and feed you too?

Google.com
    typed in iPhone 4 otter box: http://www.google.com/search?q=ipho...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Typed in iPhone 4 case: http://www.google.com/search?q=ipho...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Both took me about 2 seconds to do.

16. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

I like the OB design, had one on my 3Gs, really wanted to make it my permanent case, but, 2 things ended up causing me to put my incase slider back on.

First, because the phone's screen is so deeply recessed into the case, it's very hard to reach the extreme edges or corners of the screen, and yes, you do sometimes need to.

Second, I don't like the built in screen protector, I realize I can just remove it, but that seems silly and also defeats part of the "3 layer" protection you're paying for.

I have a few friends who have the case and they all have the same issue with the case making the edges and corners of the screen fairly inaccessable. All it would take it OB to recess the screen just a little less, or give the front bezel a different slope/design.

The odd things is, when I called them to ask when the new case would be out, and if they had addressed this issue, the guy claimed they had not heard of it before, which again, is really odd, as it was so clear to me, and every person I know who has the case. Yes, the case does offer the best protection possible, and I love it for that, but with it's issues, not quite enough to use it. And while my rubberized/matte incase slider didn't offer quite the protection, it offers still a fair amount, and makes the phone way easier to use and less bulky. I must have dropped my 3gs in the slider 15 times in my house, on ceramic tile, never a scratch.