otterbox

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nunes013, Aug 20, 2010.

1. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

right now i have invisible shield and bumper combo, does anyone think it would be better to ditch those for an otterbox. just because the invisible shields get dirty from everything like grease on my hands and face and it doesnt really come off well because of the material. for anyone who has an otterbox, does the plastic screen part scratch easily?

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I had one and hated it; I only used it because it was free. You can throw the phone at a wall and it won't break, but dang, those things are bulkier than all hell. I never noticed any scratching problems.

3. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

alright, i like the combo except for the in. shield. thanks for the info!!

4. rangtang macrumors member

I just bought an Otterbox for the iPhone 4 and I LOVE it so far. Shortly after the first purchase, I went out and bought another one for someone else I know with the same phone. Of course it makes the phone bigger, but it's SO much easier to hold onto now and take pictures/video in landscape mode. Tapping the screen in landscape mode without a case on, was like a time bomb to me, especially when asking someone else to take the photo. I would wince a little inside each time worrying that they, or I, might drop it. Not so much anymore :)

As for scratching, I have not noticed any issues at all with the screen. In fact, I really like the fact that the screen protector is a part of the case, built right in and ready to use. There's no adhesive, or chance of a misplaced installation as with so many other screen protectors.

If you're considering the Defender case, go for it. If you don't like a little extra bulk, that's understandable. It's not for everyone, but for someone who's always out and about, and moving around beyond a desk, it's brilliant!

5. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

+1
    I have one and LOVE it.

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

+2 I also have one and love it. It has saved my iPhone on two occasions when I dropped it while jogging. Once it fell in the middle of a busy road, but I accidentally kicked it as it fell and it Skidded onto the shoulder of the road with no damage at all to the case or the phone.

I've had no problems with scratches on the Screen. I'm totally pleased with it.

7. rangtang macrumors member

Yea I'm pretty sure this thing could be chucked down a hallway MLB style and still shine like a shiny thing.

8. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

The only downside I see is that it doesn't slide in and out of my pockets easy as when it's naked. But I love mine. Bought it for when I'm on military duty. I might start using the belt clip more often. It's come in handy going on hikes while using the run meter app. Never worried about scratching it up even being exposed on my waist.

9. neworleans-7 macrumors regular

neworleans-7

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I just got mine on Tuesday and I must say I love it. I'm used to having big phones (Bold 9000) so the size of the phone with the case on it doesn't bother me.

Sidenote: As soon as I got the case and put it on my phone, I dropped it on ceramic tile :eek:. I'm almost 100% positive that if the case wasn't on the phone that it would be shattered lol.

10. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I have it and I'm very happy with it, yes, it makes the phone bulkier, but the way I see it, if I'm gonna do anything that I think my I4 might be nat risk I will put it on, (like when I go offroadding) if I'm just going out to a nice restaurant I just take it off...

11. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I think I will pick up a defender from Best Buy so if I don't like it I can just return it. I'm the kind of person who will likely need the protection, but I love the thinness of the phone so much. =[

12. thaddeusbear macrumors member

I had Defender cases on my iPhones since gen 1. Best cases ever. The screen cover will eventually get scratched but very durable. These cases are tough. The cases do add bulk but the ip4 case seem to feel slimmer than the gen 1 and 3G versions.