iPad Our can someone send a Message to the iPad2 to the Message App?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tomcorbett28, Jan 11, 2015.

1. tomcorbett28 macrumors member

We had a friend that send us a Message on the iPad 2 that went into the Message App. Now she knows our e-mail, both cellphones but not to for the iPad. It came from her cell phone. Now we have never done Face Time with her either. We have the Verizon e-mail on the iPad too. How did she do this?
    Thank you,
    Tom

2. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

You probably have multiple addresses in your ipad for receiving iMessages. In my settings, on my iPad, I show the same addresses as I do on my phone, and that is the phone number, the emails that you can connect with etc. If you only had the iPad's phone number in that setup area, she would not be connecting, but others would have trouble as well unless they set up a contact for only that phone number.
    I am no expert, but that is what I think may be happening. Hope this points you in the right direction for what you are trying to accomplish.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you have it set up your message to your iPhone will be mirrored on your iPad. All of my texts are mirrored between me and my customers on my iPad at home.