Our film just hit the front page of Vimeo!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by TaKashMoney, Mar 10, 2012.

1. TaKashMoney macrumors 6502

Would love to hear your thoughts. Big fans of macrumors and edited with FCP and a MacBook Pro.

http://vimeo.com/34041516

Enjoy!

2. floh, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

floh macrumors 6502

Brilliant! Seriously awesome!

The idea and script are genius. The lighting is very, very good. The acting is very, very good. The camera use is good. You probably know and hated yourself for not getting the manual focus completely perfect in some scenes (the torture for example), but that is critique at a very high level.

In all seriousness, I would not be surprised if someone told me this one was up for a short film Academy Award. I'm deeply impressed.

Keep going! I will follow you on vimeo!

Out of interest: Since I'm working on postproduction of a very long project (no budget, as always): How did you do the music? I don't suppose you had an orchestra play it for you? But how else? I am almost done with my editing and am going for the soundtrack soon.

3. initialsBB macrumors 6502a

4. salacious macrumors 6502a

good script, little bit of humour, however the main guys acting was for me kind of bland, at time it felt like there was no emphasis on emotion, and when he realised he wasnt portraying the emotion it he made it even worse by trying too focus on the emotion which made it look awful, so yeah overall his acting was the only thing i didnt like... 7/10 for me..

5. TaKashMoney thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for watching and the comments. As the director, I'll take full responsibility for the acting. I appreciate the criticism. We are always trying to improve!