Out of curiousity... [MBP vs iMac]

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bleufire, Jun 26, 2007.

1. bleufire macrumors member

I was curious what power difference there would be in a 24" imac compared to a MBP? I am curious because I might need the portability of the MBP and if they both pretty much have the same internal power, why not spend the few extra bux for a MBP and if i want that huge screen, couldn't i just purchase a external monitor? I plan on running adobe Cs3 products and music along with learning to do some video. Yay? nay? let me know what you think

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The MBP is going to be more portable and take up less room. And the HD screen is the same resolution as the iMac, so you're going to get the same exact amount of screen real estate.

3. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

yea. that's true. but how much money are you going to spend doing it is another thing. but if ya got it... then ya go it.

4. negatv1 macrumors 6502

In regards to power, the current hight-end mbp is probably offers more power than the current imac. The iMac will have faster disc access. And obviously a much larger and nicer screen.

The iMac is a bit less portable. Buy a 24inch LCD and you'll have the best of both worlds. Better actually, because then you'll be able to use the external LCD and the internal MBP display for even more real estate.

5. bleufire thread starter macrumors member

Ok, i was curious cause depending on the situation, i may or may not be at home and might be on the move and needing something portable. I was curious because the price difference didn't seem that much different than if i were to purchase one or another, the only difference seem as if i were to get a 24 inch screen or not. I just didn't want to spend more money and get less power.