Out of date Macbook, video help.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ryanturner103, Feb 9, 2013.

1. ryanturner103 macrumors newbie

My macbook is about 6 years old or so. about a year ago I started getting messages about my version of OSX being too old and not supported for certain things. about 6 months ago all videos stopped coming up and I would get a pop up stating the version of java or quicktime was too old, but it would allow me to click the "run anyway" and the video would come up fine.

Now, about a week ago, I don't even get those and NO videos will play.

I had a copy of Snow Leopard but have lost it. Is there anything else I can do to elongate my computer. I am thinking of upgrading when I get my taxes.

Secondary question:
    My iphones and ipad aren't recognized by my computer at all. Anything? I'd like to put some movies on my ipad for my son.

Thanks for the help.

2. simsaladimbamba

Spend 19 USD for this Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD from the Apple Online Store and upgrade your system from either Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and you should be good to go.

3. ryanturner103 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

That would be a temporary fix. But as I am upgrading to a new comp in a month or so I don't wan to spend money on this.

4. simsaladimbamba

That also means, that you cannot use your Mac with the current batch of iPhones and iPads. If that is okay with you, then wait.

5. ryanturner103 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm ok

I'm ok with that for now. I back up everything on an external drive. So I can move everything over to the new computer.

6. vistadude macrumors 65816

Make sure to deauthorize iTunes.

Get snow leopard, it seems like a no brainer that will fix all of the problems, and let you sell or give away your notebook once the new ones comes.