Out of Date YELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maggiesbuddy, Sep 30, 2009.

1. maggiesbuddy macrumors newbie

the YELP program I just downloaded iinto my 3rd Gen Touch is several years out of date. There are NO current banks, no gas stations, "drugstores" are Eckerd photo labs--Eckerd hasn't been around here for years. Restaurants are not current--but more were current than other lists. How is this useful to anyone? I know it is popular so what am I missing?

OT--as a newbie, this forum is great. thanks

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think you'll have to go ask YELP (www.yelp.com). It sounds like their data is out of date for your location -- I can only say it works pretty well for where I am, so I guess their up-to-dateness varies from place to place. Perhaps if you can bring it to their attention, maybe that'll give them an incentive to do better. In the meanwhile, I suggest you give the iPhone's built-in map program a try. It takes a bit of digging, but it has similar functionality to Yelp. Like, you can type "bookstore" in the search box, and it'll show you locations of bookstores near you. If you are lucky, it might have a better database for your locale than Yelp.