Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MLHaycocK@comca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
I have imac G4 with 75 GB and have no disk space left. Before I upgrade hard disk space I would like to eliminate all applications I don't use, duplicate documents, etc. Any tips on how to do this. Is there a program that makes tis easy to do.

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2005
MLHaycocK@comca said:
I have imac G4 with 75 GB and have no disk space left. Before I upgrade hard disk space I would like to eliminate all applications I don't use, duplicate documents, etc. Any tips on how to do this. Is there a program that makes tis easy to do.

Just click and drag the applications in your applications folder into the trash icon in your dock.

MLHaycocK@comca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
MLHaycocK@comca said:

Thanks everyone. After listing and sorting by size I found my itunes and iphoto libraries were duplicated. Eliminating tunes was easy (song titles made easy to identify duplicates). Eliminating photos appears to be much harder. Some seem to be organized by year and others by numbers. Is ther a simple way to identify duplicates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.