Out of HD Space

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kindaobsessed, Nov 11, 2011.

1. kindaobsessed macrumors member

My MBP only has a 250GB hard drive, I have NEVER in all of my computers used all the hard drive. I have 100gb's of photos on it. Here was my problem I had multiple duplicates on the computer. I could not figure out how I was going to find them and delete the dups. I found a great app called Tidy-Up, I got all the dups off within a couple of hours. My external hard drive went to sh** so I have to buy a new one and get these damn pics off. The iPhone pics are huge files grrrr.

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

3. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

cool story bro.

I'm kinda wondering, where's the moral or the question in the OP?

4. kindaobsessed thread starter macrumors member

Well as you said it as a story, there were a couple of morals - some might have the same issues and the APP Tidy up may help them, the second was WTF does the iPhone pics have such huge files, Bro.

5. Spadoinkles macrumors regular

If they're huge, how would you define my 70 and 200 (and higher) megapixel stitched images I have for commercial posters and billboards.
    Haha. you're a joke
    Cool story, needs more platters.

6. aCondor macrumors 6502

This is the fifth time I've read this story and it gets better every time!

7. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

8. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I only got a 3GS but isn't there any setting for lowering the resolution of the pictures in the iP4?
    If you don't edit the pictures much it is not necessary for archival to save them in 8MP. You can either move them of the drive onto an external one in full res or not. Or you can also just batch convert them to a lower res. Saves loads of space and for watching pictures even on the TV in the living room 3MP does fine.
    I always made pictures full res on my Camera because it used the full sensor and usually got better result also you could edit them later if you wanted to, but I usually lowered the res for archival because 12MP is way more than needed to watch them as they are and I was always to lazy to just sort out only a selection of pictures and delete the rest.

9. Spadoinkles macrumors regular

Pretty much sums it up in simple terms.

This stupid megapixel war is such a waste. That resolution is barely required by 1-2% of the world to be pretty honest. I downconvert my photos all the time, keeping only a selective few (that would make large newspaper/commercial prints) in raw or full resolution. And multiply that with 25 backups in several different locations >:)

10. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

1) Fascinating Discourse Chum
    2) Riveting Fable Comrade
    3) Intriguing Anecdote Brethren
    4) Perpetuating Argument Colleague
    5) Sweet Saga Yo
    6) Waste of Time Jerk
    7) Spellbinding Reiteration There My Chumly Companion
    8) Phantasmagorical Novelization Oh Great One
    9) Interesting Intellect Imbecile
    10) Trepidating Boar Fetus
    11) Ballin’ Gossip dawg!

11. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Good job it seems you had your stuff backed up, and terabyte drives are quite reasonable.

Don't really get the thread tho- maybe not the best topic but to stop by and put the boot in is known as sh|t-kicking, but would maybe not best describe the subsequent posts, the quality of which being more akin to stopping in disgust to point at said turd and add to it like a copro-cairn.

12. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

I put all this into google translate and got nuthin' :confused: