Out of Office Reply In Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NewMacGirl, May 19, 2007.

1. NewMacGirl macrumors regular

Hi, does anybody know how I can set up an out of office reply for Entourage?

It must be possible but I can't see how to do it

Thanks
    NMG

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I don't think there is a way. At least, I couldn't find anything under Help.

But, wait!

After a Google search, I've found this plug-in, but it seems to have its limitations.

Also, these instructions from Microsoft themselves.

Google is your friend! :D

3. NewMacGirl thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, got it, it's in rules as you say, yes I'll remember to use google in the future
    Thanks again

4. nmejicano macrumors newbie

Can't take out of office reply off

I seem to have the opposite problem. I had an out of the office reply and could not take it off. A friend helped me, so I thought. Now only random people get it when they try to E-mail me. How do I take it off?

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I'm going to assume that it is unchecked under "Rules?"

6. JDee macrumors 6502a

Yep - that's how you do it!

I know it's old - but the new poster asked for the answer, and I am agreeing with the poster above.

7. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Holy ancient post, Batman!

Anyway, just to help out anyone who comes in here in the future ...

If you're using Exchange and Entourage 2008, you can enable out-of-office messages in Entourage's Tools menu. If you're using Exchange 2007 or later, there are more out-of-office options available.

If you're using Exchange and Entourage 2004, you can go into Outlook Web Access to enable out-of-office. (Of course, you can do this if you're using Entourage 2008 as well, but I prefer to do it within Entourage.)

If you're not using Exchange, then you'll need to leave your Mac at home, and leave Entourage running. Then you can set up a rule to automatically reply to any message with a response to let people know that you're gone.

A point of out-of-office etiquette: whatever version of Entourage you use and whatever server you use, you should make sure that you unsubscribe from mailing lists before you leave. This prevents you from spamming mailing lists with your out-of-office replies. Just resubscribe when you get back. Many mailing lists will automatically unsubscribe you if they start getting out-of-office messages from you, so you might as well avoid getting the list admins and the other members of the mailing list angry at you. :)

Regards,
    Nadyne.

8. Rose55 macrumors newbie

out of office

Hi,
    I have Entourage 2008 version 12.3.1. I am also trying to set up an automatic out of office reply. All the information I have read tells me there should be an "out of office" option in tools....but it's not there...:( can anyone help?
    Thanks