Out of state roaming charges?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ainjo1919, Aug 21, 2010.

1. ainjo1919 macrumors regular

So I'm flying to Oregon from California. Will they charge me roaming for using my data or for phone calls? Or does that apply only out of the county? Thanks. Sorry if it's a dumb question but I'm not sure about this.

2. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

sort of stupid question, if you haven't made a phone call out of your immediate area in the last 10 years - i remember when i was younger if you called out of your immediate city you were calling long distance, you don't have to worry about it now ---- turn off data roaming and then you can be sure you are NOT DATA ROAMING, have a wonderful rest of the weekend, wherever you are from!!!

3. fluffyx macrumors 6502

Not a dumb question, ainjo1919.

No worries: you won't get any roaming charges.

None of the major cell phone carriers in the USA charge roaming in any of the 50 states.

4. ainjo1919 thread starter macrumors regular

I was pretty sure that they didn't charge out of state, since I went to Puerto Rico 2 years ago and they didn't charge me any roaming, since it's still part of the USA. I only asked because my sister said that they probably do charge so she left me in doubt. I'm with AT&T btw.

Well thanks for the answers and the wishes guys.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Nope, if you can get a signal in the US, you will not be billed roaming charges under AT&T. that only happens if you leave the country.

For the most part, out of state roaming is a thing of the past. Only mom & pop carriers still do that, and there are fewer and fewer of those types of carriers nowadays.