iPad mini Out of the blue, I received notifications

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ron7624, Jun 15, 2013.

1. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Out of the blue I received 2 notifications that popped up on my iphone. one stating that my.name@icloud com was added to my ipad, and my iphone phone number was added to icloud for facetime on my ipad.
    I'm pretty sure that my apple accounts were already listed, but I'm pretty sure tha my phone number was not a part of facetime on my ipad. I left it off purposely.

Why? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

is someone jacking me somehow?

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Perfectly normal.

I get the same thing every time I swap sims in my 4S.

3. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

But I had done absolutely nothing to cause it. And in addition, it added my cell phone number to my iPad mini.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You're right. You've been hacked. You better sell your iPad to me. I can deal with it.

5. ron7624, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013

ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

I would I would never wish a hackable ipad on anyone. Especially someone as thoughtful and helpful as you. But thanks for the generous offer.
    :p
    I will say this type of thing happened a bunch when I first set up my ipad last December to share everything with my iphone, but this is the first message I've had since then, except for when I had made changes. My point was that I had not made any changes. Even though I don't think it is perfectly normal, a server could have had a hickup and lost and restored my stuff causing this to happen. I just thought I'd ask because it had never happened before. My connections are very stable and dependable.