Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

My name is Alex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
I have a question, I'm not sure if it's newbie or not of me. But everytime you open a new apple product it always comes half or so charged. Is it best to deplete that then charge fully or just charge fully first, Does it just take a few charge cycles to get in the battery groove of things or should it be 10 hours straight away (let's use iPad for the example) I'm sure a few battery experts could answer it and I don't want to get my future ipads battery like my 3GS', which is (very) bad now. Thanks:apple:

Torresangel88

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

just fully charge it and everything is gonna be ok. just go through the charging cycle once a month. after time the battery is going to loose charge but that is like 5 years away

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
Charge fully out of the box, then deplete fully. Not really necessary with new devices thanks to very smart management built into the Lithium Ion batteries, but it sure pays to be sure. And I tend to play with my new toys right after charging them fully until the battery dies anyway:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.