Out of the game

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The Tos, Jun 27, 2015.

1. The Tos macrumors 6502a

Ive been out of the jailbreak game for a little while. What are some of the newest must have tweaks to install? I have an iPhone 6 plus on 8.3. All i currently have installed is Auxo 3 and Lock Screen Tool. Any tips or advice is much appreciated.

2. eyoungren, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

This is always a subjective question that comes down (IMO) to "What are the cool kids wearing?"

What I think is "must have" could be entirely different to what you think is a "must have".

Most of my "must haves" are not new. f.lux, Activator, Callbar, Copic, Eclipse, Monochrome, Color Profiles, Folder Enhancer, Anchor, etc.

Most of the stuff I install is to solve my issues with the way iOS looks. What problems are you looking to solve? How long ago did you jailbreak?

Note: my tone is not sarcastic, judgemental, nor an attack. Just stating how I view this.

3. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the feedback. Last time was with iOS 6. I like tweaks that help the daily use of the phone. Convenience things. Also like you, like things that could improve the looks of iOS. But not at the cost of phone performance and battery life.

I liked the tweak message heads, but it isn't too stable with 8.3 yet i don't think. Had it for a few hours and saw several resprings.

4. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Color Profiles is a MUST. Gets rid of that disgusting warm tint iPhones have.

5. bobright macrumors 601

Isn't f.lux the same?

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No. f.lux reduces blue light and gives a warm glow to your screen at night. While you could use Color Profiles to replicate that, it won't adjust slowly over time like f.lux.

Also, Color Profiles is useful for a few other things. I use it for a systemwide grayscale effect and because it can be used with Activator you can determine what turns it on/off.

7. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Personally, my favorite is CCSettings. I like being able to turn on and off cellular data quickly and the closing all.

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

BrowserChanger is one I like to use.

No more  making me opening up eMails via Safari.

9. George Knighton macrumors 65816

George Knighton

It surely is! :)

Over the years, I've given up on visuals and bells and whistles for the most part.

iOS has been improved enough over the years that the only thing I'd jailbreak for right now is probably iBlacklist.

But, then, it's only for a slight improvement over what iOS's DND service now provides.

Apple listens and tries to do it. But in the case of DND it's just a little glitchy and doesn't do QUITE what iBlacklist does.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, I'm not in the same spot. I like how iOS 6 was and so a lot of my reasons for jailbreaking now is to reduce as much as I can the awful color and transparency intrusion that iOS 7/8 make.

I agree that Apple listens. But the result is either not what you expect or a poor implementation of it. Let's take DND as an example since you mention it. Under iOS 6 it only worked if the device was unlocked. Apple thought that was all anyone needed. Sure, they listened and gave you the option to enable it when locked in iOS 7, but at that point I had long been using Luna, which I think is a better implementation of it than Apple. Unfortunately, because Apple DID implement this in iOS 7, Luna was abandoned.

I like Apple. I just don't care for how they do things some times.