Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harlowgold1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Ohio - GO BUCKEYES!
I guess that I've been out of the loop, however, I'm so disappointed that Apple dropped the iPod Nano and Shuffle. When I work out, I want something small and lightweight and I'm not about to put my $x.xxx.xx iPhone X around my arm to possibly take a possible crash. Sad:( R.I.P. iPod's

Reactions: 28Gauge

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Apple has a new iPod, it's called the Apple Watch.
Anyway, since the market of standalone MP3 players have dwindled down so much, it's not that attractive for pretty much all the major consumer electronics companies. Only Sony seems to be making some, but then again they are all feel outdated by today's standard (and not "cheap" for the basic functionality you get).

BA2020

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2017
Pika, I've been interested in the Apple Watch LTE version to stream apple radio. However from what I read, the battery life isn't great.

Depends on what you mean by “isn’t great”. AW3 LTE will certainly use more battery when streaming music over BT, wifi and LTE. If you’re wanting a iPod replacement, AW3 is perfect. Especially with Airpods. Perfect combo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.