Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

When purchasing a new iPod, do you get rid of your previous one?

• Yes, I get rid of it.

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • No, I keep it but do not use it.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • No, I keep it and use it as a secondary iPod.

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
I am very likely to buy a new iPod within a month. I currently have a 2G iPod mini... which I have like a relationship with, yea im a loser. :D Anyways, I wanna get a new iPod bc my mini's battery is between 2-3 hours, it has trouble adjusting volume, and is just dying in general :( ...but it looks great on the outside (that's probably why I like it so much. lol) and I feel bad bc I spent $200 just to last about a year and a couple months. I was wondering whether to keep my mini or not, so that's obviously what the poll if for. :)

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I usually sell mine. Although I did keep my nano when I got a 5G. I found I dont use it, I should really sell it. No use in just having it sit around.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
Koodauw said:
I usually sell mine. Although I did keep my nano when I got a 5G. I found I dont use it, I should really sell it. No use in just having it sit around.

Yeah I agree, but that's my problem.. I can't get rid of things easily... heck, I still have my N64, even though I have a gamecube, and am getting the Wii. I need help. :rolleyes:

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Replace the battery :)
I have a 1g mini still going strong, battery life is about 6 hours now.

although, the nanos are pretty decent and start at $150...

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
I kept my Nano when I bought my 5G as well and...

...I still use the Nano the most. The 5G is just used for videos in my case.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
The posts don't seem to line up with the poll. But, maybe they just squeezed in to the nearest category. I have my 3G that acts as a back up. On occasion, it also serves as a focus tool. Since there is no video to watch, if I need to get some reading done on the way to/from work, I'll take it instead of the 5G which tempts me with Serenity and the Incredibles...

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I usually keep mine for a couple months because I never want to bring the new one with me to school. I usually try and sell it though before it depreciates in value too much.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Hmmm... my 27 month old mini is still going strong... and I'm probably going to use it until something breaks and unless there opens up a marked for broken iPods in Norway (or within reasonable shipping distance) then I guess I'll just trash it and get a new one, when the time comes... hopefully not for a long time, still, since I don't like any of the current iPods half as good as the minis... :eek:

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
i keep them all! in fact, i buy my friends old ipods...:eek: i just love the things. At the moment i have my 4G 20gig colour (the workhorse), and then two 20gig 3G's, a shuffle 512, and will soon be getting a mini!

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
rye9 said:
Yeah I agree, but that's my problem.. I can't get rid of things easily... heck, I still have my N64, even though I have a gamecube, and am getting the Wii. I need help. :rolleyes:

I still have my Nes, Mega-Drive I and II, Playstation, Playstation2 and Gamecube. Some things you should never sell!

Don't sell!

Rich.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
since I don't like any of the current iPods half as good as the minis... :eek:

Yeah, I kinda regret not buying a mini. I mean, they weren't anything special technically speaking, but they really look very cool.

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
Nermal said:
I'm still on my first one :)

I wouldn't say things like that, i did it on this very forum about my 3G 15GB and not three weeks later the hard drive died, i hope you were literally draped in wood:eek:

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
barneygumble said:
I wouldn't say things like that, i did it on this very forum about my 3G 15GB and not three weeks later the hard drive died, i hope you were literally draped in wood:eek:

I'm still on my first iPod (2 years now) and it's going fine. I'm sure it will never die. Oh damn!

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
mad jew said:
Yeah, I kinda regret not buying a mini. I mean, they weren't anything special technically speaking, but they really look very cool.

The iPod Minis are indeed very cool looking. In a way I miss mine- I gave it to my little sister after I got my 60GB iPod 5G for free. :)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
barneygumble said:
I wouldn't say things like that, i did it on this very forum about my 3G 15GB and not three weeks later the hard drive died

Uh oh, mine's an Aussie one too! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.