Outbox as a permanent folder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PNGento, Sep 23, 2011.

1. PNGento macrumors member

I hate not having an outbox folder...sometime I hit send and immediately want to stop it...in Windows, I could hurry to the outbox and open it and stall the send, giving me time to make corrections.

Occasionally, an outbox folder will be there...and then it disappears. Couldn't say why it is there on occasion, but not all the time. So, is there no way to make it stay visible in Apple mail?

I know, get out of the Windows mindset, but this to me is one area where Apple has dropped the ball. OR, if the permanent outbox is not possible, is there another way to quickly stop the email before it gets sent to give me time to correct my error?

TIA

2. sahnert macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can use the activity window for this, or leave the activity panel at the bottom of the sidebar open for quick access.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Thats why theres a drafts folder. Simply save it as a draft and send it later

4. PNGento thread starter macrumors member

I need it for those times when I hit send...and then the old "oh S#%t" moment...if the outbox is there, I can often get to it before it goes...and for those times when, like yesterday, I finally realize stuff is hanging...nice to go into that folder to see what has, for whatever reason, not been sent.

So, back to the question...IS it possible to have the outbox folder stay visible at all times.

----------

Don't understand what an "activity window" is, or "activity panel"...obviously, I'm a Mac newbie...first Mac and don't want to go back, but this is the type of thing that makes me frustrated...but still nowhere near as much as I was ALWAYS, using Windows.

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Under the "View" menu select Activity Window. Leave it open. When you click send there will be a progress bar will appear with a big stop sign button that can cancel the send if you have a "oh S#%t" moment...