Outgoing Mail troubles

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by peewee66, Apr 5, 2013.

1. peewee66 macrumors newbie

I have two email accounts with the same host (GoDaddy) and one of them has been rejecting my outgoing mail password. Both accounts have identical server settings and passwords but only one is acting up. For a couple of days the message was popping up immediately on hitting Send, but now it gets stuck in "sending" mode (with the spinning circle against the "Sent" mailbox) for a long time. I just turned off authentication to see what happens, and it seems like it kept trying for a long time (~5 minutes) and then gave up, with no error message. The email is still sitting in my Outbox. Also, I am able to send mail from the problem account from my iPhone and iPad. So I'm truly stumped as to where the issue might be.

In the past I've had this message pop up but the issue has always been a transient one. This is the first time it's gone on for several days.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

--pv

2. peewee66 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed for now

An update, and hoping this helps others who will surely come across this issue which seems quite common.

Today my other account also started failing on Send. I just went and changed my passwords at GoDaddy and then in Mail. That seems to have "unconfused" it for now and it's working again. Of course, now I have to change the password on all my other devices, which is a pain, but if I don't see this problem again for a couple of years I can live with it. This is the first time I've experienced this in over 5 years of being a mac user, so I'm hoping it remains a low-frequency occurrence. fingers crossed...

3. GDKen macrumors newbie

GDKen

@peewee66

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve your email concerns. Since it worked fine from other devices it would appear that it may be an issue specifically to your client.

If you have any additional concerns I would be more than happy to help. Feel free to reply or send me a private message.