Outgoing VoiceMail Greeting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kendles, Oct 22, 2011.

1. kendles macrumors newbie

I found a few places that discuss how to add mp3's to your voice mail greetings. I am curious, is this going to cause issues? info says to use OpenSSH from Cydia - and then to convert the .mp3 to an .amr file then you use cyber duck to transfer the file. I understand the process, but is this hacking or jail breaking my phone? I don't want to have issues on my brand new 4S All I want to do is to add a cute little voice mail greeting instead of the AT&T Default or custom voice.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

To do this you must jailbreak your iPhone. You cannot jailbreak the 4S at this time.

3. kendles thread starter macrumors newbie

OK. So let me ask. (forgive my obvious ignorance) When you are able to JB the 4S - what does this actually do? Can I still get my music and apps? Does this cause problems with my cell service? updating apps? OS?

I don't want to anything that will cause problems with my phone.
    Thanks

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

It's a hack - and like most hacks, it can cause issues. Upgrading OS is definitely a problem once you JB. Stability "can" suffer, lots of opinions both ways on that.

If you're the type that likes to tinker, and you have the time and inclination to JB and don't mind fiddling with it, nothing wrong with that. If you want it to "just work" then I would suggest you stay away from JB.