Outline: Keeping styles when exporting to Word

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skaertus, Oct 25, 2014.

1. skaertus macrumors 68030

skaertus

This is what I want to do:

I want to use an outliner to structure a piece of text, using different styles to titles in each level. Later, I want to be able to export this outline to Word format, while keeping the styles to each title and having the text structured as a Word document.

I do have OmniOutliner Pro and Circus Ponies Notebook as outliners. I have not found a way for Notebook to do this. On OmniOutliner, I can assign a style to each level, and Word recognizes the styles when I export it to Word format. OmniOutliner allows me to assign a style (Heading 1, for instance) to a line but when I export this to Word format it won't keep the styles unless I use different levels in the outline. The thing is, I am not always able to use different levels, since I want to put body text after Heading 1, after Heading 1.1 and after Heading 1.1.1, on different levels.

Is there some way to accomplish this? I am not even sure I made myself clear here.

2. onekerato macrumors regular

In OmniOutliner, you could the "notes" field to add content to heading 1, and in MS Word export it will appear before next row, i.e. heading 1.1.