Outlining in Documents to Go or Quickoffice

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by sfzMacBookPro, Dec 5, 2010.

1. sfzMacBookPro macrumors newbie

Good Morning, all. I'm on the fence as far as whether to buy an iPad or not and it all comes down to finding an outlining/word processing app.

For those of you that have Documents to Go or SmartOffice for iPad, can you do numbered, indented outlining? If any of you would be so kind, could you show a screen shot of how it looks?

As an example, the below is the depth of outlining I need to do:

2. polaris20 macrumors 68020

I've got QuickOffice, and quite like it, but I'm not sure if it does outlining. Ill check in a little bit for ya.

3. polaris20 macrumors 68020

So I tried it, and while it appears to have the button for an outline, when pressed it actually crashes the app! LOL I am not sure if it's always been like this, or is a result of the 4.2 update. This app hasn't been updated in quite awhile, so that might be it.

If anything changes, I'll post up.

4. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

D2Go has those options. I copied and pasted your sample into my iPad and it was messed up but fixable within the menu options. No crashing :)

5. polaris20 macrumors 68020

I might have to switch to that then. I haven't been using it lately, but when my grad classes start up again in January, I like to use an outline format for notes, and I'd rather just bring the iPad than my laptop to class.