Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etaleb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Not sure if any zoom and Outlook users here but I've opened cases with Zoom and they can't tell me if there is an Outlook for Mac Plugin or Add-in. Side question - the Outlook app just doesn't seem too native, for e.g. in Calendar, if I click on a particular date and then want to move to the next date using right or down arrow, it just returns a beep

Thanks

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
If you click on the Get Add-ins button, do you have this available?

1682379632898.png

Reactions: etaleb

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
I use that plugin for OutLook Mac. It works well. Lets you add zoom to a meeting invitation. Have you installed that and tried it?

I’m not sure what you are asking about “native”. Outlook is a native app, not a web app but it doesn’t use all of the Mac OS conventions. It doesn’t navigate from meeting to meeting in the calendar with the cursor keys but the Tab and Shift-Tab will do so.

etaleb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Lot of keyboard shortcuts aren't working the way I would expect them to. For e.g. if I click on new mail and it opens a new window within outlook, how do I switch back and forth between those windows without using the mouse? Alt + Tab isn't working

Thx

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
When I start a new email message it appears in a panel inside the main window. You might be using the older UI. You can switch to the new UI using the Outlook menu.

outlooknew.png

When I start a new message, it appears in the main window. I don't often use keyboard for navigation so I can't tell you if this is better or worse, but I do like the new UI better. You can try it and switch back if it doesn't work for you.

outlookzoom (1).png

etaleb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Does the new UI include calendar too? When I setup outlook initially, it just didn't authenticate and said I may not be on office365 and hence should use legacy mode. Fact is - our company is in O365 for integration to other services but the mailboxes are hosted inside the company. Unfortunately but My outlook menu doesn't show New outlook and I'm on v16.27.1

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
Does the new UI include calendar too? When I setup outlook initially, it just didn't authenticate and said I may not be on office365 and hence should use legacy mode. Fact is - our company is in O365 for integration to other services but the mailboxes are hosted inside the company. Unfortunately but My outlook menu doesn't show New outlook and I'm on v16.27.1
I'm on 16.72.1. I'm pretty sure that new UI and Old UI both include calendar and email.

If you don't have a full O365 account with any account with calendar then I don't know what would show up. Mine has calendar, email, and contacts. I think you'll need to talk to your companies IT about how your accounts are setup.

etaleb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Btw do you know the keyboard shortcut key to switch between 2 outlook windows such as a new calendar invite and the main Outlook window. Also, what's the key for forwarding an email? Thx

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
Btw do you know the keyboard shortcut key to switch between 2 outlook windows such as a new calendar invite and the main Outlook window. Also, what's the key for forwarding an email? Thx
To switch between windows of the same app, Outlook uses the Mac OS system keys:
CMD + ` (tilde key, to the left of 1 on your keyboard)

Forward is CMD-J. You can see other keyboard shortcuts in the menus.
1682703226185.png

I'm not the best person to ask about keyboard shortcuts as I don't bother to learn a lot of them unless I use that function frequently and forwarding is not common enough to bother with. For me it's more mentally efficient to just use icons and menus for those functions.

:)

etaleb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Beautiful all that worked. I didn't realize the message drop down showed all the. shortcuts. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Tagbert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.