Outlook 2003 PC to Outlook 2011 Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dafunktyfunk, Oct 7, 2011.

1. dafunktyfunk macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Mac noob with some really pokey questions about how to accomplish the task mentioned.

I have outlook 2003 on my PC and now I am switching to Mac. I have outlook 2011 installed running on Lion and need help moving over my rules, PST files, contacts and email server settings.

I am pulling my hair out so any help is appreciated.

Thanks Team!!

2. dafunktyfunk thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried the outlook migration tool with no luck...

3. georgee2face macrumors member

email alchemy worked for me

4. dafunktyfunk thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. did not work, it wont import settings...

any other thoughts?

5. Swiss-G macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Is your pst file an ANSI formatted still Outlook 97-2002 as these cannot be imported to Outlook 2011. You will need to convert it to Unicode format first.

More details here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2413370

Can you also confirm if you are trying to connect to an exchange server or is it POP3, IMAP etc.

Outlook 2011 will only connect to Exchange Server 2007 and later.

6. dafunktyfunk thread starter macrumors newbie

it is just pop no exchange at all. all in pst files from 2003.

7. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Nothing will import settings.

Outlook will import .pst files. If messages are not contained within folders in the PST file they do not import.

Tip: Never import a .pst file into your Main Identity. Create a test Identity and import into the test Identity. We have seen data loss after importing that was not recoverable. After you import and you know the file worked as expected, you can export as .olm file and safe import the .olm file into your Main Identity.

File > Export > select default action to export as .olm file.

In your Main Identity select File > Import > select the .olm file. Your data will show up under "imported xx.olm". You will then need to move the data to the local folder and delete the imported folder structure.