Outlook 2003 (Windows) Question for the community

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Badandy, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Hey guys and gals,

As a member here for three years or so, I've finally figured out this is a forum for macs specifically... (jk)

Despite this, I know many of you are proficient in the use of Windows and many here use Windows during their day jobs. Because of this, I think this might be a good place to ask this question.

I'm trying to create an Outlook Message that I can reuse week after week, but with different information. It needs to have a common format, but I need to change the data to the right of the catagories every week. Because of this, I was initially thinking I needed a template. While this sounds like it would work, I'm having a bit of a problem; I want to have different text fields that I can tab through and add information that way.

For example: Two fields in this email message will be

Zip Code:

State:

What I need to be able to do is type in the zip code, press tab, and be able to type in the state without using my mouse. How do I do this within a template? Can anyone give me any help with this?

2. MacFanatic08 macrumors member

Umm, I'm not 100% sure on that. But, have you ever tried Thunderbird? It is MUCH easier to use than Outlook.

3. mpw Guest

I'd set up a word document to edit, then copy/paste it to Outlook.

4. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Are you saying that you can do that in Thunderbird?

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm guessing this might be his work computer and he doesn't have a choice.

I'm not 100% sure if this is what you're looking for, but you might want to take a look at forms in Outlook. My knowledge on forms is extremely limited, but it might be a step in the right direction

6. msiler macrumors newbie

Have you checked out M8 softwares's Spartan Clipboard?
    If I understand your question this software mught be the trick for you...