Outlook 2011 (4.3.9) slow sync on Mavericks 10.9.1

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kobazik, Feb 18, 2014.

1. kobazik macrumors newbie

Hi,

My Outlook 2011 for Mac is super slow in syncing emails. I have 2000 items in my inbox and few sub-folders (not part of the Inbox folder) containing 1000 items each. When I send an email it gets sent instantly and when I receive emails that match rules, they get quick as well. It is only un-categorized emails that go to main Inbox are really delayed by 30min and more.

I can see constant messages at the bottom like: "Updating local folder" and "Determining changes"

Let me clarify few things before anyone suggests a fix:

1. It's not a network issue. Other devices on same network work fine.

2. I tried creating and new Identity and reducing number of items in inbox and sub-folders

3. I have late 2013 rMBP with 2.8ghz i7 with 16GB ram and pcie SSD so hardware is not a problem here.

What could be the problem? It's really annoying as I simply cannot use it for work.

Thanks

Dominik

2. CoMoMacUser macrumors 6502a

I'm having a slow-sync problem with an IMAP account. Really annoying. It happens on my 2008 iMac and my 2012 MBA.

Another issue is that when I move messages to folders and then go back later to read one, Outlook says "downloading" for several seconds or longer. And because the messages aren't downloaded, Outlook's search feature is useless for finding words that I know are in a message I'm looking for. All it can search for is what's in the headers.

My host said: "When the inbox has more than 15,000 message we've notices issues syncing the emails to email clients. I would first recommend to get the inbox on the server to have less than 15,000 emails. You may also want to look on the Outlook Client for a force sync afterwards to ensure that your emails can be synced again to your computer."

But moving messages to folders to get the inbox below 15,000 creates the folder problem I mentioned. I can't win.