Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rajenm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Hello,
I have recently imported my PST files from Outlook 2007 of Windows to Office 2011 for Mac. I have a MBA. The problem i am facing is a lot of older emails are not displaying the attachments in the body of the message. There seems to be simply no way to retrieve the attachments, except to forward the message to some other mail client such as gmail and download from there.

Can anybody help?

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
Hello,
I have recently imported my PST files from Outlook 2007 of Windows to Office 2011 for Mac. I have a MBA. The problem i am facing is a lot of older emails are not displaying the attachments in the body of the message. There seems to be simply no way to retrieve the attachments, except to forward the message to some other mail client such as gmail and download from there.

Can anybody help?

How did you do the import? I did the same thing and all attachments came across fine (which doesn't help you). What I did was simply copy the .pst file (with Outlook closed) and then simply imported the pst file.

Have you verified the attachments are accessible in Outlook 2007?

It may be because of the way Outlook is setup on the PC. Here's a link that discusses the types of data files used:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/introduction-to-outlook-data-files-HA001230890.aspx

rajenm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
How did you do the import? I did the same thing and all attachments came across fine (which doesn't help you). What I did was simply copy the .pst file (with Outlook closed) and then simply imported the pst file.

Have you verified the attachments are accessible in Outlook 2007?

It may be because of the way Outlook is setup on the PC. Here's a link that discusses the types of data files used:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/introduction-to-outlook-data-files-HA001230890.aspx

Hey thx..but i have already done both the suggestions beforehand, meaning my pst file is copied from my windows PC into external HDD and imported from there and in 2007 i can still read all my attachments..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.