Outlook 2011 - can't change HTML message font

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by daggy, Oct 31, 2010.

1. daggy macrumors newbie

This is happening one only one of my two Macs. In Outlook 2011 I can change the font to be used for composing HTML messages under the "Fonts" preference, but on the other Mac any change to the font (from Calibri) is ignored - come back to the screen and it's back at Calibri. Size changes work, just not the change to the font.

Does anyone have any suggestions? FontBook has been checked for invalid fonts, permissions checked on the disc. Something seems to be stopping Outlook from changing the font.

2. acssr macrumors newbie

most likely this has to do with points vs pixels. suggest googling for more details. i set my html for 14 and above (outlook pref-->fonts), some users have requested 20. Also "apple (+)/(-)" will increase the font when reading messages. Agreed that this is a pain when it has to be done on most incomming messages from other MS Outlook programs.

3. joshuamusick macrumors newbie

This worked for me and I hope it works for you.

Don't know if you're still having this problem, but...

Open the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Outlook.plist in Property List Editor.app (this comes with the Developer tools) and set the preference "HTMLWebPrefsIdentifierWebKitStandardFont" to whatever font you'd like to be the default.

4. Tapper macrumors newbie

Tapper

Unable to change default font in Outlook 2011

Yes, this is what worked for me. I checked the permissions on the plist file and it was correct so I don't know what the problem is.