Outlook 2011 Doesn't work!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RobertMallett, Mar 25, 2012.

1. RobertMallett macrumors newbie

RobertMallett

Hello,

I am using Outlook 2011. I have 2 accounts - 1 x POP account set as default and one Exchange account. When I click New Email the new email window opens and the email is addressed from the non default account. Replies are the same ie if I receive an email on the POP account and click reply the reply is addressed from the non default Exchange account.

I know that when selecting a new email and then changing the sending account does not change the signature associated with each account, as it does in Outlook 2010 Windows version, but the above problem renders the program almost unuseable as I am always having to deselct the account and then add in the signature every time I send or reply. Is this really a program Microsoft are charging money for?

Anyone any solutions?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

3. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

The change sig based on account is broken at this time.

If you have selected a folder in your Exchange account, any new messages will be sent from the Exchange account. Same for IMAP.

You can try deleting the com.microsoft.outlook.plist file in your User's Library/Preferences then log out/in and reset default account and other settings in Preferences.

If this fails, test in a new Identity. Some preferences are actually stored in the database file.