Outlook 2011 Exchange Keeps refreshing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by James7285, Nov 24, 2015.

1. James7285 macrumors newbie

I have Outlook 2011 installed on a MacBook Air setup with an Exchange email account. Everything has worked fine with no issues at all for the last year or so until now...

When I open Outlook I am unable to move messages from one folder to another (within the exchange, not locally) and I am unable to rename new or existing folders.

When I try and move messages they just stay in the existing folder and if I try and rename a folder it flashes with editable text for a second or so and then just goes back as if I clicked off.

Sometimes in the bottom right corner it keeps switching from saying "checking folders" to "folders up to date". It's as if the server is constantly refreshing itself and stopping me from doing anything.

If I set Outlook to work offline everything works perfectly, I can move things around and rename with no issues. It's only when working online that this happens.

Any ideas?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Who is the email provider?

Is your MS Office 2011 up to date?

3. James7285 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, I have run all the updates for it.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Provider?

If it's a private company in control of their own Exchange server it's possible a change they have made is preventing your folders from syncing properly.

5. James7285 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a fasthosts exchange account, but we have accounts on lots of different machines and this is the only one showing the issue so I don't think it's anything at the servers end.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn