Outlook 2011 for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joe95sp12015, Jan 27, 2015.

1. joe95sp12015 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am having trouble migrating my boss's emails from Outlook 2011 to Apple Mail.

I have tried dragging the inbox from Outlook to the desktop (which creates an inbox.mbox file) and then importing the .mbox into Apple Mail.

However, it only copies 6288 emails, when they should be around 28,000 or so.

Is the problem because of the amount of emails? or is there a work around?

Additional info:

He is running:-

OS X Mavericks
    Apple Mail ver 7
    Outlook 2011

any feedback/help would be gratefully appreciated, even if it means it cannot be done.

Thanks in advance!

2. campyguy macrumors 68030

First, um, yikes?! 28k emails in an inbox - my IT guy would have my head...

So, I'm going to push you off to an app on the MAS that isn't cheap but it works. Part of your problem centers around the size of the resulting MBOX - I've seen MBOX import problems with Mail and other apps when the MBOX file hits either 2GB or there's over 5k messages and several hundred attachments.

What's worked is OLM Converter Converter, to convert an exported Outlook OLM file or get everything out of Outlook. It's about $50, but it just works. The dev has been around for a long time, and actively supports the app. It's not worth my time to not have to deal with what you're up against.

3. joe95sp12015 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, for your reply. I thought it might be to do with the size and he's the COO of the company and likes to keep his emails from years ago.

But much appreciated for help :)

4. chrfr macrumors 603

Try rebuilding/optimizing the Outlook mailbox first by holding the option key as you launch Outlook.