Outlook 2011 issues with Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by macsupermarket, Jul 21, 2011.

1. macsupermarket macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I am having some problems with outlook 2011 in Lion. The mail works fine I can read mail and click onto messages.

Where I have a problem is I cannot forward an email, reply or even open a new message.

Its like left click is not working on those functions. Anyone got any ideas great appreciated.

I am trying to move my mail across to the Apple mail but this is killing me not being able to use outlook.

2. SimonCarbon macrumors member

Just tried Outlook 2011 and I can open, forward and reply to stuff since my upgrade to 10.7

Latest installed update to my Outlook is 14.1.0

3. ww1971 macrumors newbie

No problems here, running Outlook 2011 14.1.2 it works fine after I upgraded from SL to Lion without any clean install. I can write mail and send and forward mail fine.

Did you do a clean install or upgrade from SL?

4. macsupermarket thread starter macrumors newbie

5. OxfordRiskMac macrumors newbie

Several problems and irritations.

After Lion update, the first time Outlook (14.1.2) loaded, it crashed and forced a database rebuild which created 11 Recovered Folders holding, as far as I've checked, duplicate emails (otherwise the recreated Db appears OK).

I access emails on Exchange 2003 (using IMAP as recommended), MobileMe (IMAP), and POP. In the Exchange group: 1) Clicking on a different folder in the navigation pane doesn't always switch folders, or reveals a folder apparently empty of emails.Clicking an alternative folder and then back to the 'empty' usually refreshes the content list. (This may have been a temporary problem as today, a day after the Lion upgrade, it has yet to recur.) 2) The Unread number for each folder may or may not be updated when emails are read, deleted, or moved. Closing and reopening Outlook resets the counters.

Haven't had any problems losing content in FWD or Reply but have just tried editing a text email in an Exchange account. Copied text from another, deleted word + CR at end of line and the text on the next line was placed above the line I was editing! This doesn't seem to happen when editing email text received/to be sent from POP account.

Hey ho, all part of using Microsoft products; just enough important features to make it a necessity to the business, more than enough idiosyncrasies (bugs?) to cause regret.

6. nayan macrumors newbie

Cannot forward an email, reply or compose a new message in Lion/Outlook

Even I am witnessing the same problem ever since I installed LION.

I am unable to reply, forward or compose new message.

Nothing happens when I click on these buttons.

Any help????