Outlook 2011 - New mail brings Outlook up

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SD Surfer, Oct 13, 2011.

1. SD Surfer macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how to disable the feature that makes Outlook the top window or brings it out of hide every time a new message is received? This somehow just started happening on its own about a month ago and IT...IS...ANNOYING!

I work in a large corporate office and have to have it open while in the office being the creative manager here. So, i can't just close it and open it every now and then. But, I can't work efficiently with it popping up or jumping to the front with every single new message i get, and i get on average around 75+ requests throughout the day. So, you can see how this would become extremely annoying while trying to use any other application.

Thanks for any and all help!! :)

2. AWShuttleworth macrumors newbie

Having the same problem here. Did you ever find a resolution? It didn't do this at first. The only thing I can think to do is to turn off the notifications altogether.

3. SD Surfer thread starter macrumors newbie

I did. In the menu bar (top with Apple icon)

Outlook > Preferences > Notifications & Sounds > Uncheck "Display an alert on my desktop".

You won't get the little mini message in the corner anymore, but Outlook stops coming to the front.

4. AWShuttleworth macrumors newbie

Probably better for my mental wellbeing anyway. Thanks.