Outlook 2011 not retrieving some emails IMAP <no subject>

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by myuserid08, Oct 13, 2012.

1. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

I recently moved from POP to IMAP on my macbook which helps keep all my emails in sync between devices.
    Since using IMAP I've been having issues with some emails not downloading correctly and displaying <no subject> and no content (see attached).

This is really frustrating as I have to use my phone to find the email then login to webmail to download any attachments.

Anyone know why its doing this ?

I'm running the latest version 14.2.4

Attached Files:

2. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

I'm afraid you have found one of the many bugs in Outlook for Mac. I struggled with issue similar to yours but never found a fix. It's documented on the MS support site too.

I gave up, and now use Thunderbird which works flawlessly. MS are simply not concerned about their flagship email product when it comes to Macs. Whether the upcoming "Port" to IOS will address any of these issues remains to be seen, but It sits on my desktop, a piece of worthless junk.

3. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Even though some users had what seemed to be a successful upgrade to the SP2 database, issues in the Identity are causing concern. I suggest you move to a new Identity. Follow directions here:

How to move your data to a new Identity

Let me know if this works.